Regular eye exams are important for the long-term health of your eyes and quality of your vision. It’s more than an eye exam. It can be a health evaluation too.
We provide a comprehensive annual eye exam for adults and children of all ages. A complete eye examination with dilation allows our licensed eye doctors to evaluate a patient’s overall health. Early indicators for chronic health problems—like diabetes, glaucoma, heart disease, or hypertension—can be detected with an evaluation of a patient’s eyes.
In general, eye dilation provides optometrists a bigger, better view to examine a patient’s eye. With eye dilation, we can:
- Check internal structures in the back of eye, like the retina and optic nerve
- Measure tiny changes in blood flow in the eye’s blood vessels
- Inspect for any tears or perforations
Our comprehensive yearly eye exam includes
- Eye Exam and Consultation
- Vision Testing
- Eye Health Evaluation
- Eye Function Testing
- Neurological screening
- Eye Pressure screening with a puff of air for glaucoma
- Visual Acuity testing for functionality and field vision
- Eye health exam with slit lamp and refraction testing for eye disease like macular degeneration, cataracts, or dry eye
- Examine for health problems that are visible in the eyes, such as high blood pressure, diabetes, allergies, stress and autoimmune diseases
- Dilation of pupils to examine retina as needed
Thorough examination of the retina and optic nerve through dilated pupils is not uncomfortable. The dilation drops take 15 to 30 minutes to open up the pupils. The only side effects are sensitivity to light and blurred vision, which last approximately three to four hours.
What Our Complete Eye Exams Test For
There are numerous health factors covered during our physical eye health screenings.
- Vision acuity test
- Cover test
- Internal eye pressure
- Ocular motility for eye muscle capabilities
- Color blindness
- Eye coordination
- Depth perception
- Peripheral vision
- Color vision
- Internal eye pressure
- Ocular refraction
- Responsiveness to light
Eye Exam Process
Our friendly, knowledgeable CustomEyes Team will welcome you to our wonderful clinic. There our expert staff will take a personal medical history of current prescription, medications, and any previous eye or vision conditions. This allows us to tailor a customized eye consultation and treatment options to satisfy a patient’s individual needs.