A regular, comprehensive eye exam is important for your eyes’ long-term health and your vision’s quality. It’s more than an eye exam. It can be a health evaluation, too.
We provide an annual comprehensive eye exam for adults and children of all ages. A complete eye examination with dilation allows our licensed eye doctors to evaluate a patient’s overall health. Optometrists can detect early indicators of chronic health problems — like diabetes, glaucoma, heart disease and hypertension — by evaluating a patient’s eyes.
Overall, eye dilation provides optometrists with a bigger, better view to examine a patient’s eye. With eye dilation, we can take important steps:
- Check internal structures in the back of the eye, like the retina and optic nerve.
- Measure tiny changes in blood flow in the eye’s blood vessels.
- Look for tears or perforations.
Our yearly comprehensive eye exam includes these services:
- Eye exam and consultation
- Vision testing
- Eye health evaluation
- Eye function testing
- Neurological screening
- Eye pressure screening with a puff of air for glaucoma
- Visual acuity testing for functionality and field vision
- Eye health exam with slit lamp and refraction testing for eye disease (macular degeneration, cataracts, dry eye, etc.)
- Examination for health problems that are visible in the eyes (high blood pressure, diabetes, allergies, stress, autoimmune diseases, etc.)
- Dilation of pupils to examine retina as needed
A thorough examination of the retina and optic nerve through dilated pupils is not uncomfortable. The dilation drops take 15 to 30 minutes to open the pupils. The only side effects are sensitivity to light and blurred vision. These side effects last about three to four hours.
What Our Complete Eye Exams Test For
We cover numerous health factors during our physical eye health screenings:
- Vision acuity test
- Cover test
- Internal eye pressure
- Ocular motility for eye muscle capabilities
- Color blindness
- Eye coordination
- Depth perception
- Peripheral vision
- Color vision
- Internal eye pressure
- Ocular refraction
- Responsiveness to light
Eye Exam Process
Our friendly, knowledgeable CustomEyes Team will welcome you to our wonderful clinic. There, our expert staff will take a personal medical history of your current prescription(s), current medications and any previous eye or vision conditions.
This information allows us to tailor treatment options and create a custom eye consultation that will satisfy your unique needs.